Many of these projects have been done in collaboration with > R4H <
Bodies at Rest: 3D Human Pose and Shape Estimation Using Synthetic Data
- CVPR 2020 paper: > Link to pre-print <
- Human pose resting in bed: learning in simulation
- DART + FleX physics simulators
- Large dataset release: > PressurePose <
- Code for visualization and deep learning: > PressureNet <
Deep Learning for 3D Human Pose Estimation
- IROS 2018 paper: > Link to pre-print <
- In healthcare settings, bedding materials, loose clothing, over-bed tables, and other objects increase the challenge of human pose estimation.
- This work uses a pressure sensing blanket underneath the person to learn a human skeleton kinematics model.
Robot Assisted Dressing
- Many people require physical assistance to get dressed due to illness, injury and age. Robots have the potential to provide this assistance.
- Primary research of my colleague > Zackory Erickson <
- > Link to media release <
AutoBed: A device enabling computer control of a hospital bed
- > Link to paper <
- More information available via > R4H.org <
- Watch the quadrock, where Autobed enables a person with quadriplegia to dance:
Whiskey-Bot: Assistive EMG-based drinking system
- Featured and described on > TEDx Sonoma <
- Mechatronic system to control movement of a drinking straw and fluid pump
First Robotics Club
- At NYU, I started a robotics club at Millennium Brooklyn High School in Park Slope. I recruited 20 students, who designed and coded a robot for the 2015 FTC competition. Here are some photos–building and competing:
- I also co-instructed a 9th grade quantitative research class and designed a class project around an AR drone. I presented this work at the > 2016 ASEE Conference <.
AR Drone Automatic Landing and Charging Station
- > Link to project report <
- Can facilitate environment exploration for persons with disabilities
- Battery has short life (~15 mins), requiring manipulation to remove battery and insert in wall charger
- Conductive feet added to drone for charging
- Uses Nintendo Wii remote IR camera to sense a triad of light clusters on landing pad and control landing
- Magnetic feet used on pad and drone feet increase landing accuracy.
The UltraMouse: A device to control a computer cursor with head movement
The Wouse: A PR2 robot safety stop device
- Uses an optical mouse on a pair of safety glasses to detect a person’s wince for stopping a robot
- See complete description on > ROS.org <